Thursday 2 June 2016

MIRACLE

Image result for god's wonderful works

You take these stammering words of mine
My humble broken cries
To work a miracle divine
Before my doubting eyes
When I am up against a wall
You open up a door
And in the wonder of it all
I trust a little more……

When I retreat to doubts and fears
Forgetting what You've done…..
…..Your faithfulness throughout the years
…….The gift wrought through Your Son
Lord, you don't give up on me
Or turn away Your face
But gently, softly, patiently
My fears and doubts erase

You take these fumbling, wretched hands
And use them to Your glory
I still would heed sin's vain demands
But for a wondrous story
A story that sets sinners free
To live in victory
The story of a blood-stained tree
And One who died for me

You take these stammering, mumbling words
The offering of my love
And promise me, though undeserved
A mansion up above
And as another miracle
Unfolds upon the earth
You take this broken vessel, Lord
And fill it with Your worth

© Janet Martin


This special poem was contributed by Janet Martin. Janet Martin is a Christian, Mum, and Poet based in Canada. She can be contacted via her e-mail: janetruth.martin85@gmail.com.
For more inspirational poems by Janet Martin visit her inspirational blog:www.anotherporch.blogspot.com.


No comments: