Thursday 17 July 2014

GLORY

FAVOURITE QUOTES OF FANNY CROSBY-THE HYMN WRITER

When I get to heaven,the first face that shall ever gladden my sight will be that of my Saviour.
                                                                                                        Fanny Crosby
~*~
It may seem a little old-fashioned,always to begin one's work with prayer,but I never undertake a hymn without first asking the good Lord to be my inspiration.
                                                                                                        Fanny Crosby
~*~
Speed away, speed away with the life-giving Word,
To the nations that know not the voice of the Lord;
Take the wings of the morning and fly o'er the wave,
In the strength of your Master the lost ones to save;
He is calling once more, not a moment's delay,
Speed away! speed away! speed away!
                                                   Fanny Crosby(Excerpt from her hymn"SPEED AWAY")
~*~


O what a happy soul am I!
   Although I cannot see,
I am resolved that in this world
   Contented I will be;
How many blessings I enjoy
   That other people don't!
To weep and sigh because I'm blind,
   I cannot, and I won't."

                                   Fanny Crosby(This poem was written  when she was only eight years old)

I will lead the blind by ways they have not known, along unfamiliar paths I will guide them; I will turn the darkness into light before them and make the rough places smooth. These are the things I will do; I will not forsake them. Isaiah 42 vs 16(NIV)
© 2013 Benjamin Anabaraonye

For more on Fanny Crosby visit : www.wholesomewords.org 
ii) Heroes of the Faith series
  Fanny Crosby-The hymn writer By Bernard Ruffin
  Barbour publishing Inc.,Ohio
iii)A brief look at the life of Fanny Crosby -the hymn writer by Benjamin Anabaraonye

No comments: